Foundation Program In Graphic Design
An initiation in developing concepts integral of design and graphics for students with a passion for visuals and communication design. SOGD offers both After-School & In-school Program, ideal for students who are looking towards building a career in the creative industry.
Why School Of Graphic Design ?
Building a strong design foundation is our motto and progress from the current nascent state of Indian Design industry is our initiative. The acceptance of Creative Intelligence & Visual Conduct is the future of the upcoming professional culture in the next 10 years, the imminent need is to understand the prospect. Major Graphic Design Graduate Schools look for a basic aptitude in Design and expect a portfolio during screening. We help you build from scratch, this is where we skew from mainstream. SOGD is dedicated towards developing a creative design mindset and instillation of a perspective driven design thinking abilities in students, in the budding stage.
“Design is not about your skills only, it resonates from your mindset!”
What Do You Learn at SOGD?
Our agenda rests with the above philosophy. We are here to think design and then create it with acquired skills. Promoting a line of thought that involves ‘creativity’, an unsustaining order. SOGD brings together the best of textbook design education and practical knowledge in the design Industry. We help build a discourse on design with better skill rendered agendas that help generate your counsel in Design. It takes time and patience to build, with better grill comes the best platter!
+ Major Design Movements
+ Typical Creative Profiles of The Industry
+ Iconic Personalities who influenced the Design Industry
+ Understanding Of Design in the Indian Context
Elements & Principle of Design
These are the building blocks of design and therefore we focus on developing creative thinking ability and application of the design Process & methodology. Elements & principles of design module forms the basis of that very design process, which helps the students and participants to come up with original art and creative work and inculcate a deeper understanding of design. This module is delivered through the following topics:
+ Case Studies from the World of Design to understand EOD application.
+ Learn About Lines, Shapes, Forms
+ The Colour Theory and its application
+ Principles of Design
+ Gestalt’s Law
Visual & Representation Techniques
he Visual representation tools and skills are integral to any design process and development. We work individually with the participants to instil the overall fundamentals of the visual understanding and specially work on the areas which are the strongest aspect of the individual. These techniques form the basis of not only the hand rendered skills but also help students in the understanding of digital graphics.
+ Line Drawing & Perspective
+ Understanding of Forms
+ Sketching & Drawing – Still Life & Landscape
+ Colour Rendering – Water Colour, Soft Pastels, Ink, Charcoal, Acrylics
Material Studies & Innovation
+ Paper, Plastic & Thermocol
+ Clay Modelling & POP
+ Leather & Fabric
+ Recycling & Up-cycling
+ Printing & Production Techniques
Design Methodology & Process
Design Process & Methodology sits at the core of the creative & design industry. It is that core that defines the complete outward manifestation of a designer or creative professional and that which adds meaning to the portfolio and the industry itself. Hence the portfolio program at ASOT emphasises on this aspect a lot.
+ Design Philosophies & Definitions
+ The Different Kinds of Design Processes
+ The Stages of Design Cycle
+ The Design Industry & its Expanse
+ The Final Design Project
Digital Graphics & UI Design
+ Basics Creative Softwares
+ Basics of Creative Content Writing
+ Digital Infographics
+ Digital Banner & Emailer
+ WordPress Portfolio Design
What Makes SOGD Program Special?
Good Design is a blend of aesthetic ethos and analytical thinking. SOGD brings together the best of textbook design education and practical knowledge in the design Industry. We help build a discourse on design with better skill rendered agendas that help generate your counsel in Design. It takes time and patience to build, with better grill comes the best platter!
Doubt & Revision Sessions
On The Job Traning
Who is the School of Graphic Design For?
“Incessant. Innovation. Intention. We seek those who seek inventive!”
The SOGD Program from StudioASOT is a unique 2 year program, meant to help students to bud as an unabridged graphic designer in the industry. This Foundation Programme is for students of classes 11 and above including freshly school pass-outs, who feel they have the creative inclination and want to develop a mindset on design. After Successful Completion of the course, the students will be ready to join any design school for further education or design firm with a defined career path to become an art director, graphic designer. SOGD partners with various schools for Graphic Design Classes as in school program or after your school at the nearby SOGD Studio.
Let’s hear it from the our students.
We learn to talk, do, see, feel and live design at SOGD.
They are teaching me something I wouldn’t mind staying up all night and doing. The curriculum is up to date and covers everything you need to kickstart your career in graphic design. Also, the requisite softwares are taught patiently to impatient students like me. Every assignment you do is designed in the real world perspective.
So, if you want to be in a place where you want to learn how to create beauty and be encouraged lovingly to do that, give it a shot!
It’s the best place to get a creative education and meet wonderful, like-minded people in Gurgaon. The instructors are industry professionals who encourage design and creativity while guiding us through the processes that we need to succeed in the industry. The growth has been phenomenal.
It is one of the school for creative excellence. If You have a knack of creativity, School of Graphic Design is where you ought to be.
Terms & Conditions
All enrollees must read and accept these conditions at registration. The following information will provide you with the details of our commitment to you and your responsibilities as an enrolled candidate. All enrollees must read and accept these Terms & Conditions at the time of the enrollment.
These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice from time to time in our sole discretion. We will notify you of amendments to these terms and conditions by posting them to this website. The terms and conditions for online programs can also be found in this document.
- The Course is payable as a one-time payment.
- The fee is non-refundable, once a student has been enrolled.
- StudioASOT may discontinue training if fees are not paid as required.
- The Certificate of Completion will not be issued until all payments have been made in full.
- Students will obey the rules and regulations set by the management in the premise of StudioASOT.
- Students will not be allowed to move around in the premises before or after the class duration without permission.
- During class time no visitor would be allowed.
- The management reserves the right to reject or accept the application.
- In case of loss of property of the institute, the student would pay the losses equal to the value of damaged property.
- Students failing to adhere to these rules shall be struck off the record with full loss of fee paid.
- The Institute reserves the right to publish the names and photographs of the students/alumni in any marketing and promotional material for the institute.
- Any work produced during the course module by students, may be used as the institute’s portfolio and can be published any marketing and promotional material for the institute.
- However, StudioASOT promises complete support and assistance to its students in their portfolio building, and finding industry internships and placements, but it does guarantee internships or placements to its students.
- StudioASOT will support students during their study with training and assessment materials that are easily understood and suitable to the level of the workplace skills being delivered. We will also provide tutors throughout the course who can answer questions and help through the Schoolyard support forum.
- Students are expected to-
- To responsible for your own learning and development by participating actively and positively and by ensuring that you maintain progress with learning modules.
- To monitor your own progress by ensuring that assessments are submitted in a timely manner. To utilize facilities and The Graphic Design School publications with respect and to honour our copyrights and prevent our publication from being distributed to unauthorised persons.
- To respect other students and StudioASOT staff right to privacy and confidentiality. To be honest and respectful, this includes not falsifying work or information and not communicating in any way that may cause offence to others or SOGD
- Since the School of Graphic Design is just a training program developed to impart knowledge about graphic design, therefore the student at StudioASOT are expected to arrange for the necessary hardwares and software on their own.
- The following list encapsulated the necessary hardware and software to undertake the course successfully.
- A Computer PC or Mac is fine, the course runs on any operating system.
- Graphics softwares, therefore your own copy of the Adobe Creative Suite Standard edition (which may change or update time to time) Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Acrobat Pro purchased by students themselves.
- Internet Connection Connection to the Internet is also required.
- Photography & Videography Workshops, if conducted , may require to have access to an SLR camera: analogue or digital.
- Illustration Supplies Throughout the course you will need to complete design sketches, we ask that students have a small range of lead pencils HB-4B, A4, and A3 sketching pads.
- Printing and Scanning equipment In order to record evidence as part of your design processes you will be required to have access to a scanner and a printer.
- A colour printer is a personal preference, but not necessary for your assessments, Black and White printing is acceptable.