A Short-term Portfolio Program for Design Students & Creative Career Aspirants.
What Do we Learn In this Program?
The creative portfolio development program is a culmination of all aspects of a design portfolio. Divided in six major modules which is covered in 12/24 weeks, the curriculum touches upon area which are both integral and innovative to the design process.
History & Foundation of Design
Learn what factors influence the evolution of design. With a broad definition, the contexts of design history include social, cultural, economic, political, and technical influencers across history and learn about the creative industry and its expanse into Architecture, fashion, crafts, interiors, textiles, graphic design, industrial design and product design industry. This module is delivered through the following topics:
+ Major Design Movements
+ Typical Creative Profiles of The Industry
+ Iconic Personalities who influenced the Design Industry
+ Understanding Of Design in the Indian Context
Visual & Representation Techniques
The Visual representation tools and skills are integral to any design process and development. We work individually with the participants to instil the overall fundamentals of the visual understanding and specially work on the areas which are the strongest aspect of the individual. These techniques form the basis of not only the hand rendered skills but also help students in the understanding of digital graphics.
+ Line Drawing & Perspective
+ Understanding of Forms
+ Sketching & Drawing – Still Life & Landscape
+ Colour Rendering – Water Colour, Soft Pastels, Ink, Charcoal, Acrylics
Material Studies & Innovation
Creative Industry is as tangible as virtual. For a creative professional it is important to understand the material aspect of design and interact with various medium to come up with strong and sound design concepts. In our program, we emphasise of both interaction and innovation with material, guided by the professionals who are experts of their domains.
+ Paper, Plastic & Thermocol
+ Clay Modelling & POP
+ Leather & Fabric
+ Recycling & Up-cycling
+ Printing & Production Techniques
Digital Graphics & Techniques
+ Basics Creative Softwares
+ Basics of Creative Content Writing
+ Digital Infographics
+ Digital Banner & Emailer
+ WordPress Portfolio Design
Elements & Principles of Design
These are the building blocks of design and therefore we focus on developing creative thinking ability and application of the design Process & methodology. Elements & principles of design module forms the basis of that very design process, which helps the students and participants to come up with original art and creative work and inculcate a deeper understanding of design. This module is delivered through the following topics:
+ Case Studies from the World of Design to understand EOD application.
+ Learn About Lines, Shapes, Forms
+ The Colour Theory and its application
+ Principles of Design
+ Gestalt’s Law
Design Methodology & Process
Design Process & Methodology sits at the core of the creative & design industry. It is that core that defines the complete outward manifestation of a designer or creative professional and that which adds meaning to the portfolio and the industry itself. Hence the portfolio program at ASOT emphasises on this aspect a lot.
+ Design Philosophies & Definitions
+ The Different Kinds of Design Processes
+ The Stages of Design Cycle
+ The Design Industry & its Expanse
+ The Final Design Project
Terms & Conditions
All enrollees must read and accept these conditions at registration. The following information will provide you with details of our commitment to you and your responsibilities as an enrolled candidate. All enrollees must read and accept these Terms & Conditions at the time of enrollment.
These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice, from time to time in our sole discretion. We will notify you of amendments to these terms and conditions by posting them to this website. The terms and conditions for online programs can also be found in this document.
– The Course is payable as one time payment
– The fee is non refundable, once a student has been enrolled.
– StudioASOT may discontinue training if fees are not paid as required.
– The Certificate of Completion will not be issued until all payments have been made in full.
2. Students will obey the rules and regulations set by the management in the premise of StudioASOT.
3. Students will not be allowed to move around in the premises before or after the class duration without permission.
4. During class time no visitor would be allowed.
5. The management reserves the right to reject or accept the application.
6. In case of loss of property of the institute the student would pay the losses equal to the value of damaged property.
7. Students failing to adhere to these rules shall be struck off the record with full loss of fee paid.
8. The Institute reserves the right to publish the names and photographs of the students/alumni in any marketing and promotional material for the institute.
9. Any work produced during the course module by students, may be used as institute’s portfolio and can be published any marketing and promotional material for the institute.
10. However, StudioASOT promises complete support and assistance to its students in their portfolio building, and finding industry internships and placements, but it does guarantee internships or placements to its students.
11. StudioASOT will support students during their study with training and assessment materials that are easily understood and suitable to the level of the workplace skills being delivered. We will also provide tutors throughout the course who can answer questions and help through the Schoolyard support forum.
12. Students are expected to-
– To responsible for your own learning and development by participating actively and positively and by ensuring that you maintain progress with learning modules.
– To monitor your own progress by ensuring that assessments are submitted in a timely manner. To utilize facilities and The Graphic Design School publications with respect and to honour our copyrights and prevent our publication from being distributed to unauthorised persons.
– To respect other students and StudioASOT staff right to privacy and confidentiality. To be honest and respectful, this includes not falsifying work or information and not communicating in any way that may cause offence to others or StudioASOT.
13. Since Creative Portfolio Development Program is just a training program developed to impart knowledge about graphic design, therefore the student at SOGD , are expected to arrange for the necessary hardware and software on their own.
14. The following list encapsulated the necessary hardware and software to undertake the course successfully.
– A Computer PC or Mac is fine, the course runs on any operating system.
– Graphics softwares, therefore your own copy of the Adobe Creative Suite Standard edition (which may change or update time to time) Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Acrobat Pro purchased by students themselves.
– Internet Connection Connection to Internet is also required.
– Photography & Videography Workshops, if conducted , may require to have access to an SLR camera: analogue or digital.
– Illustration Supplies Throughout the course you will need to complete design sketches, we ask that students have a small range of lead pencils HB-4B, A4 and A3 sketching pads.
– Printing and Scanning equipment In order to record evidence as part of your design processes you will be required to have access to a scanner and a printer.
– A colour printer is a personal preference, but not necessary for your assessments, Black and White printing is acceptable.